Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mixed media canvas for a Soul Scrapper's Quest

LIFE canvas
Created on 18 and 19 October for Soul Scrapper's Quest #24 - Journey. Well, life certainly is a journey. It was set by Joy Anderson who is a bit of a mixed media queen. I am not a master in the least little bit in mixed media but I had a lot of fun and felt like I was on a bit of a learning journey.

Here is my canvas:




The size is 8 by 10. I started by painting a layer of Kaisercraft acrylic paint in soft moss and letting it dry. Then I painted another layer and ran the cardboard circle across it giving it some texture and some of the paint stayed on the cardboard. I dotted some chartruese dye across the bottom and ran the cardboard circle through that as well.
I cut out the circles and used gesso and mists on them.
I had half a doily to use. I glimmer misted that and cut some of the small patterns out from them.
I had a chevron navy straw to use. I cut it in half and covered it with gold paper and mod podged it to the canvas. I had some map paper which I cut into the letters L I F E. We were given some watercolour paint which I fingerpainted on to various bits and pieces.
I can't say that I love this canvas but it was a lot of fun to make and as it was a rainy weekend I was a bit frustrated waiting for the various steps to dry. I feel I've learnt from it and look forward to making a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment