Saturday, May 2, 2015

UNSTAMPABELLES May challenge - Vintage

UNSTAMPABELLES May 2015 challenge

Pillow Box die

Family History - who is in your family tree? Make a scrap page or create a card or photo page/inside a frame about a family member who is in the past. Mother's Day is in May in Australia too and of course, MAY DAY.

The twist is to Make it Vintage! Remember, it does not have to be a card!
Plus, remember not to use stamps.

WHAT I DID

When I think of vintage I tend to think of the colours black and brown and the word elegant. That's what I've gone with for this challenge.

I have made a card for my Mum for her birthday. I started with a wooden frame which has been painted brown. Then I added some black cherryArte rub-on leaves for effect.

Paper wise I have used American Crafts brown cardstock as the base. I have corner rounded all my papers to match the rounding on the wooden frame. I've used Creative Memories vintage patterned papers, which I've inked with sepia ink.

Isn't my sticker cute? She looks positively pouty and cheeky.

Finishing touches are a cream ribbon, 3 different black flowers and some brown rhinestones and a sentiment sticker.


I hope you can join in this challenge. Pillow boxes make great little gift holders and this die will make life really easy if you win it.

3 comments:

  1. She is very pouty and I do love the the way the blues have been introduced too.A great card. Happy Birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those rub on leaves.....very effective. I'm sure your Mum will love her card. Happy birthday to her. Wynn x

    ReplyDelete