Monday, July 6, 2015

Decorated birdcage - take a look

Hello all.

I bought this birdcage some time ago with the intent of decorating it - one day. I was a bit worried about making something and then having my cat wreck it. I have hung this in my craft room at the window and it is lovely to look at. Also, she can't get to it up there.

Inspiration finally took me when I saw what July's challenge was at Unstampabelles where I am a Designer.

The challenge is wide open to interpretation and so you can have some fun with this one.



Grab a Bunch - of Flowers!  


Get creative and make some flowers - in fact the twist is to make a garden!


I thought I would make a garden in my birdcage, complete with a bird. I have made (or friends have made for me) quite a lot of the flowers that I've used, but I've also added some that I have not, plus some leaves, some really pretty green ribbons and patterned paper around the base and on the bottom.



Now I apologise for only the one picture. I have a lot more but my computer is playing up badly and right now I can't manage to show more than one. If it gets fixed before the end of the month I will upload some more.

Please check out what the other Designers have created and I hope you are inspired to create something yourself for this challenge. It's such a fun one.

1 comment:

  1. What a great DT member you are! I love your garden in the cage. Such a great idea and so pretty - it would look lovely hanging in a patio area. Those crocheted flower centres look great and I love the green ribbon of roses. I hope your computer problems get fixed without too much trouble and expense. Thanks for creating this for us at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete